Developed in the UK, the Pothole Pro can fix potholes in just 8 minutes and is changing the way road maintenance is done worldwide
The Pothole Pro repairs potholes in a fraction of the time and cost of current manual labour methods. It also means fewer road cones and fewer frustrated motorists.
There is nothing similar to the Pothole Pro in the world and the first one has just landed in New Zealand.
The machine designed and manufactured by JCB Construction in the UK since 2021 has the following benefits:
- Cuts, crops and cleans potholes with one machine (just add asphalt)
- Is up to six times faster compared to two manual labourers (8 minutes per pothole compared to approximately 50 minutes for 2 workers)
- Delivers consistently higher quality results than manual repairs
- Improves safety by minimising time/need for workers being exposed to on-road repairs
- Carries out all conventional excavator tasks – digging, trenching, loading and lifting
JCB Construction Sales Manager, Tony Hennessy, says the Pothole Pro also delivers additional, significant benefits and efficiencies.
“One of the great features of the Pothole Pro is that it doesn’t need to be transported to site on the back of another truck or carrier – it can be driven directly to the pothole locations saving even more time and freeing up more labour and logistics.”
The JCB Pothole Pro is distributed through Power Farming’s nationwide network of retail branches and they are well underway with demonstrations to roading-contractor potential clients.